Intelligent Reasoning

Promoting, advancing and defending Intelligent Design via data, logic and Intelligent Reasoning and exposing the alleged theory of evolution as the nonsense it is. I also educate evotards about ID and the alleged theory of evolution one tard at a time and sometimes in groups

Thursday, December 02, 2010

The David Kellogg "Challenge"!

-
Well David Kellogg has thrown down the gauntlet:

Hey Joe, I have a challenge for you. Could you write a reasonable explanation, in your own words and without name-calling, of why you think ID is a good scientific explanation of life? If you agree, I will write an explanation, in my own words and without name-calling, of why I think evolution is a good scientific explanation of life. Can you do this without invective? Here's your chance!

Don't just tell people to watch The Privileged Planet: make the argument yourself. Imagine that your reader has no access to a library. You have access (you can cite all you want), but it's up to you to present the argument. It might help to imagine that your reader is not stupid, is capable of following scientific argument, and is somebody you respect (say, a teenage relative, a nephew or niece).

Deal? This should be easy. After all, I am just "an English professor who doesn't understand English" (in your words). You are the mighty Joe G!

Notice the bullshit equivocation- David ID is not anti-evolution. So in order for your challenge to have any merit you must say why you think blind, undirected chemical processes is a good scientific explanation for life.

And if you are OK with that I say let's get it on...

12 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Hermagoras said…

    What kind of thrill do you get by referring to me by name? Can't you respect privacy as I have done?

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Hermagoras said…

    Your disrespect of my privacy, "Joe G," is just one reason why people don't consider you a mature person to debate with.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Hermagoras said…

    I have not violated your privacy. I will have this debate only if you remove the violations of mine, as I have asked before.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Joe G said…

    Are you ashamed of your name?

    Hey if you want privacy then stay home and stay off of forums.

    What a fucking baby...

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Joe G said…

    Violate away Dave.

    What are you going to do- come to my house and shit on my front lawn?

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Hermagoras said…

    I'm not ashamed of my name. I just prefer -- like you -- not to broadcast it in internet forums. Since you choose not to post under your full name, I should think you would understand. But your refusal to accord others the respect you expect from them is typical.

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Hermagoras said…

    No, I would not threaten to come to your house. You, on the other hand, have threatened to come to my workplace.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Hermagoras said…

    You're really starting this "no name calling" thing on the wrong foot.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Joe G said…

    Joe Gallien

    Joey Gallien

    Joseph Gallien

    JoeJoe Gallien

    Giuseppe Gallien.

    Also, Dave, I don't respect you. I have nothing but contempt for you and your ilk.

    And I don't expect respect from people like you.

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Joe G said…

    Dave,

    You are not a threat to me. Ya see how that works?

    Name calling? No, just an observation...

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Hermagoras said…

    I guess I would prefer to treat you decently. I thought I would give you the chance to show that you can be reasonable. If you're not going to be civilized about it, though, I won't play. Bye.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Joe G said…

    Dave:
    I guess I would prefer to treat you decently.

    All evidence to the contrary, of course.

    Dave:
    I thought I would give you the chance to show that you can be reasonable.

    Umm you need to focus on yourself. Ya see dave if you could just show that you can be reasonable...

    Dave:
    If you're not going to be civilized about it, though, I won't play.

    It's your game. If you want to take your ball and run home to your mommy I understand.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home