Evolutionism and the fossil record
Exposing the Evolutionist’s Sleight-of-Hand With the Fossil Record
Marine inverts make up the bulk of the fossil record. Yet with these fossils we do NOT see any common descent or nested hierarchies. Why is that? Why is the richest part of the FR devoid of evidence for evolutionism?
The fossil record is just "I would not have seen it if I didn't already believe in it." Yet even the great zoologist Pierre-Paul Grasse, said the FR is the ONLY place where we "observe" evolution.
As a reminder- evolutionism is evolution #6:
The meanings of evolution, from Darwinism, Design and Public Education:
1. Change over time; history of nature; any sequence of events in nature
2. Changes in the frequencies of alleles in the gene pool of a population
3. Limited common descent: the idea that particular groups of organisms have descended from a common ancestor.
4. The mechanisms responsible for the change required to produce limited descent with modification, chiefly natural selection acting on random variations or mutations.
5. Universal common descent: the idea that all organisms have descended from a single common ancestor.
6. “Blind watchmaker” thesis: the idea that all organisms have descended from common ancestors solely through an unguided, unintelligent, purposeless, material processes such as natural selection acting on random variations or mutations; that the mechanisms of natural selection, random variation and mutation, and perhaps other similarly naturalistic mechanisms, are completely sufficient to account for the appearance of design in living organisms.
Evolutionism can be extended back to abiogenesis as if life did not arise from non-living matter via some "blind watchmaker-type" process then there is no reason to infer its subsequent diversity arose solely via those type of processes.